Engage Groups March 26-29
Birth of Hope
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: What was your favorite childhood game and why?
CHANGING THE SCOREBOARD
- Jesus didn’t come into the city as a king normally would. Why do you think he chose this way to enter the city?
- As Pastor Adrian described, this entrance was the first step to changing the “scoreboard”. What scoreboard are you currently using to define wins and losses in life?
BEHAVIOR TO BELIEF
- How would you describe being “saved by grace”?
- Since Jesus changed the “scoreboard” from behavior to belief, do you find it hard to believe God saved you? Why?
- Why do you think God did not want any of us to be able to boast about salvation?
- What type of “good things” do you think Paul is talking about in verse 10?
INDEPENDENCE TO DEPENDENCE
- Pastor Adrian was describing going from independence to dependence on God as we believe in Jesus. What things make it difficult to stop depending on our understanding?
- How do you seek his will?
- Describe a moment/scenario when you trusted in God and he showed you what path you should take in life.
LOSING TO WINNING
- Describe how Christ can receive honor by someone whether they live or die.
- Since Jesus changed the “scoreboard” it sometimes looks as if his followers are losing to society when Jesus says they are winning. Dying is one of the obvious ways that Jesus followers are different from society. Name other instances where the scoreboard was changed.
FAITH IN ACTION
Think of one person you can invite to Easter services and invite them to Engage so that they can hear the message of hope.