Engage Groups March 5-8
Shoot Your Shot
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: If you could go anywhere, money is not a factor, where would you go and why?
In verse 17 we see that there were two responses to Jesus meeting them on the mountain, Why do you think some worshipped him while others doubted?
Why is it important that Jesus begins his charge to his followers that he has given all authority in heaven and on earth?
What does it mean to go make disciples of all nations?
What are some of the specific commands we should be teaching to obey?
Why is important that Jesus says he will be with us always?
How is Jesus always with us if he is not physically on earth with us?
- Why do you think “Peace be with you” was the first thing that Jesus said to his disciples?
- Describe why it is important that Jesus showed them his wounds as he spoke to them?
- Why do you think Jesus reiterated “peace be with you” as he sent them out?
- In verse 22, the phrase “he breathed on them” is the same verbiage used from Genesis 2:7 (the only other place in the Bible that uses this same verbiage). What is the significance that those are the only two places in the Bible that uses this phrasing?
FAITH IN ACTION
What is one way you can specifically go into your world (sphere of influence) and make disciples of Jesus?