Engage Groups February 26-March 1
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: Would you rather live by the mountains or by the beach?
- In his sermon, Derrick described 3 “mountains” we are prone to idolize: Comfort, Control, and Significance. Which one of these resonates most with you and why?
- Verse 1 tells us we shall not want, that we have all we need. What things do we sometimes add to our lives that we feel like we need in addition to God?
- Can you look back on a time when God’s rod and staff protected and comforted you, even though it did not feel comforting in the midst of the situation? Explain.
- What types of things are currently making you anxious?
- This passage describes the importance of prayer and quality time with God. What do both of those things look like in your personal walk with Jesus?
- What specific things is Paul referring to in verse 8? How do we practically think about them?
- How does God still our troubled waters?
FAITH IN ACTION
Choose a verse from one of the passages tonight and memorize it. Get with an accountability partner now and share the verse you’re going to memorize. Next week we will say them for each other. (Leaders encourage your members to write down their chosen verse before they leave.)