Engage Groups February 19-22
Grown Folks Church
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: What is the best and worst thing about being an adult?
- Paul advises the church to avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions and quarrels about the law. The Greek word in verse 9 for “avoid” is peristemi, which literally means to turn oneself about so as to face the other way. What types of things should we therefore be avoiding as mature Christians in today’s world?
- The best way to avoid negative things is to pursue something positive. Now that we have discussed things to avoid, what things should we pursue?
- As Derrick pointed out, the aim of the book of Titus is to take believers into maturity so that we can take responsibility for anyone who has urgent need. What are some examples of urgent need among your circle of influence?
- What are some ways we can ensure that we maintain fruitfulness?
- Why do you think Jesus asked God to sanctify us in truth?
- Describe what you think Jesus meant when he asked God to send us into the world like he was sent into the world.
- Why was it important that Jesus consecrated himself so that we could be sanctified?
- Jesus said He has sent us as believers into the world. What impacts have we seen believers make so far? How can we practically impact our community?
FAITH IN ACTION
Apply to Serve through the Engage Tallahassee app or fill out the Serve card at Sunday's service to join an Engage Team. Or find a way to practically meet an urgent need in your community this week.