Engage Groups February 12-16
Remember the Time
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: What is your favorite memory from childhood?
- How would you define the “good” things that Paul calls believers to do in verse 1?
- In verse 3 Paul lists some sins we commit, why do you think Paul found it important to remind believers of what their life looked like before Jesus?
- What kind of righteous acts do we use to justify ourselves?
- Describe the importance of having the confidence that God grants us through his justification stated in verse 7.
- How is doing the “good” things beneficial to all?
- Describe a time in the past that you have been bold for Christ.
- How do we practically bring honor to Christ in our daily life?
- Why is it hard to know which (living for Christ or dying) is better? What aspects of your life make one more appealing?
- Just as Paul was convinced in verse 25, how do we become convinced of the better path for us personally?
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
Find a way to practically remind yourself of God’s justification of you this week to grow your confidence in your right standing with God.