Engage Groups April 2 - April 5
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: What is your favorite Easter memory?
- Can you think of a time you knew you were not shaken because the Lord was with you?
- How would this situation have looked apart from the Lord?
- What does it mean for your body to rest in hope?
- What does David mean when he says, "you will fill me with the joy of your presence"?
- What do you think it means to have no reason for hope?
- Have you ever experienced hopelessness in your life? Explain.
- What are the other things Abraham could have put his hope in besides God's promise? Do you put any hope into any of these things?
- How can we hope when there is no reason for hope?
- What does the house represent in this parable?
- What types of "floodwaters" and "winds" come against your house?
- Is your foundation helping you withstand all the situations mentioned in the previous question? How so?
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
What is one area in your life that you need to have hope in Jesus for right now? Pray that God will help sustain hope in Him for that situation just like he did with Abraham.