Engage Groups February 5-8
Yeses and No’s
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: Have you ever made a decision that hindered you from doing something else you wanted to do? Explain.
- Why is it important to say no to ungodliness?
- What does it mean to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age?
- What things might we have to say No to now while we wait for the blessed hope? Why is it worth it?
- Name a specific way we deny ourselves and take up our cross daily.
In this week’s sermon we heard “no’s make our yes valuable or significant.” What are you saying no to in your life that is making your yeses significant?
- Pastor Seth said the “the Christian life isn’t a self controlled will power, but grace empowered by God to be controlled by his will.” Think of a time you were faced with an opportunity to act in your own will power or God’s power. Explain the situation and how you were able to tell the difference.
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
What things in your life are you saying yes to that you should say no to? What is one specific way you can change that this week?