Engage Groups December 4-7
LOVING HIS WAY
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: What is the kindest, most thoughtful thing someone has done for you ? Describe what you thought and felt when they did it.
- When you don’t have love, why do you sound like a “noisy gong or a clanging cymbal”?
- When you do not love people, why are you “nothing” even if you are smart and faithful?
- Give an example of how you can give or sacrifice, yet without love, you gain nothing.
- In your own words, what do you think love looks like?
- Describe how hard it is to pray blessings for someone who has hurt or cursed you.
- What does it show when you are happy when others are happy or weep when others weep?
- Besides pride, what else does it reveal when we do not “enjoy” the company of “ordinary” people?
- What are “ways” to do things that are “honorable” when interacting with those around us?
- According to verses 43-44, how do we “act as true children of God”?
- Why do you think verse 45, God tells us that He gives “sunlight and rain to both the evil and good, just and unjust?
- Give an example or two on a specific thing we can do to love our enemies.
- What do you think “perfect” means in verse 48? Can we ever obtain this perfection?
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
Leaders take time to talk about specific ways we can show others that we love them. Now think of someone we do not like or have a strained relationship with and pray specific blessings for them.
Pray John 15:12 “This is My commandment, that we love each other as He has loved us”. Pray that we show this world Jesus by loving them as He does. Ask God that He will help us to see each person around us as He sees them.