Engage Groups November 20-23
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: If your house was burning down, what 2 objects would you save? Why are these objects so important?
- Why is humility so important to God?
- In your own words, what does it mean to “seek His face”?
- Give a couple examples of what it means to “turn from our wicked ways”. Explain.
- What are the results or rewards of doing this? How does God “restore our land”?
- Besides just saying it, do you think there are other ways we “claim to have no sin”? What are they?
- What does confession mean to you? Who do we need to confess to?
- When it says “God is faithful and just”, what does that mean to you personally? Explain.
- What is the difference between “forgiving” and “cleansing” when it comes to sin?
- According to verse 3, what was our state of being prior to encountering God? Which attribute do you most identify with?
- Can you give an example from your life of your character prior to your salvation encounter with God? Describe it.
- Verses 4-5 tell how God reveals Himself to us. In your experience, how have you found these attributes of God to be true? Explain.
- Verse 7 tells us that because of His grace, we receive eternal life. What are the two corresponding benefits to this promise?
- Finally verse 8 identifies the result of “these teachings” is that all will trust God and devote themselves to doing good. Has this happened in your life? Explain.
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
Leaders take time to discuss how to tell our testimony. Aspects of how we were before God, how and when we encountered God, and how that encounter changed us should be included. Discuss details of a powerful testimony and how this testimony can give us all purpose.
Pray Philippians 3:10-11 (10 I want to know Him. I want to have the same power in my life that raised Jesus from the dead. I want to understand and have a share in His sufferings and be like Christ in His death. 11 Then I may be raised up from among the dead.) over each other. That we want to know the power of salvation in its fullest in our lives. Thank Him that the work to change our thoughts, attitudes and behavior has been done and that we would embrace His work in us and through us.