Engage Groups November 13-17
1. Leaders: Take time to announce events happening this week in church.
2. Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
Icebreaker Question: Who was your childhood hero? Why? Name 3 characteristics or attitudes that made this person your hero.
- Why is it delightful and fitting to sing praises to our God according to verse 2?
- Can the “rebuilding of Jerusalem” and “bringing the exiles back” apply today? Why or why not?
- Can you think of a time where you believe God “healed a brokenhearted or bandaged a wound”? Explain.
- What does verse 4 tell you about God?
- What does God remind us about Himself in verse 6? Why is this so important?
- What do you think God is revealing to us in verses 8 and 9? Why is this important to us to know?
- Do you think God values what we value based on verse 10? Explain.
- In this short passage, what is our overall attitude toward God supposed to be according to verse 7?
- What does it mean to “fear Him”?
- Can you give an example from your life that you “put your hope in His unfailing love”?
- Verse 13 tells us why we should fear and hope in Him. What does “strengthening the bars of our gates” mean?
- Which verse (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, or 20) reveals the most about God’s greatness to you? Why so?
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
Leaders take time to discuss witnessing God’s greatness in our lives. Discuss times of when He changed us, saved us, or protected us against harm. Now come up with practical and simple ways we can see His greatness on a daily basis throughout the upcoming week.
Pray 1 Samuel 12:22 (22 For the Lord will not forsake His people, for His great name’s sake, because it has pleased the Lord to make you His people.) over each other. Thank Him that nothing separates us from His love and that He always protects, provides, and prospers us.