Engage Groups October 9-12
Icebreaker Question: What one past action did you take that made the most improvement to your life? What were you hoping to change? Explain how hard it was and how this improvement has impacted your life.
- What is the Lord’s promise in this passage? What does this say about God’s heart toward us?
- There are several keys to receiving His promises, and some these keys repeat themselves. Which one of these keys do you think is most important? Why so?
- What do you think is the difference between the terms strong and courageous?
- What is the difference between studying and meditating on “instructions of Moses” and “this Book of Instruction”?
- According to these verses, do we have to do “works” in order to get His promises? Explain.
- What does trusting look like to you and why do you think it is so important?
- In your own words, what do you think verse 4 really means?
- Give an example of what it’s like to “commit everything”.
- How does committing everything to God make your “innocence radiate” and the “justice of your cause shine”?
- What is the importance of Jesus using the example of “vine and branches”? Explain.
- Remaining in Him and staying a part of Him is so important. What does this look like practically?.
- Jesus says we can ask for anything and it will be granted. Do you believe Him? Why?
- Which of these verses speaks speaks to you most about commitment to God? Explain why.
- Is remaining in Him and His love more beneficial to us individually or to others? Why so?
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
Leaders take time to discuss what we can do practically to commit our lives completely to Him. Identify specific actions that can get us headed in the right direction toward this goal. Be specific.
Take time silently or together to confess times where we all have compromised our faith. Thank Him that we are forgiven and recognize His love and sacrifice for us. Pray to be strong and courageous, diligent in our study, meditation, and obedience, as well as having an unwavering trust. Finally, pray that we would remain in Him and His love no matter what the circumstance.