Engage Groups October 2-5
I GOT THE POWER
Leaders: Be sure to review the Faith in Action you set as a group last week, then continue to the icebreaker question for this week’s study.
OPENING QUESTION: If you could become a season of the year... Which one would you be: spring, summer, fall or winter? Please share why. Give two specific reasons as to the importance of the season you have become, as well as one reason why your season is absolutely necessary.
- What in verse 33 encourages you about walking out your calling?
- What is the connection between being “surefooted” and “standing on mountain heights”?
- What are two keys in verse 35 about the process of empowerment to walk out our call?
- Based on verse 36, what two things does God tell us is certain? What does this tell you about God’s plan for you?
- What is the significance of being on a “wide path” and “not slipping”?
- God's call on your life and your function in society can involve hard decisions . Based on verse 1, what can these hard decisions be? Can you think of any other tough decisions within this process?
- In verse 2, what are two key results for those that are walking in their calling according to God?
- In verse 2, who gets the glory? How do you know? Give an example.
- In your own words, what does verse 3 mean to you and what is the ultimate goal?
- Does verses 11-13 mean we should be in full-time ministry? Why or why not?
- Can gifting’s and these roles function in your current workplace? How so? Give examples.
- Given that we are in the “age of information”, what is the importance of verse 14?
- How can verses 12-14 be applied in your relationships, both in the church and your world?
- What does it mean to “grow up in every way into Him”?
- Can this “growing up” happen individually without the help of others? Why or why not?
- So then, what are the three points about the “whole body” in verse 16?
- How can this be applied in the world around you?
PERSONAL: Faith in Action
Leaders take time to discuss what we can do practically to connect with those around us to help us discover, grow, and apply our gifting, role, and calling to serve ours. Discuss the difference(s) in this serving between functioning in our church and in our community/city.
Pray that we would discover and cultivate our calling. Pray that we all would embrace fellow believers and leadership in order that our best would be drawn out and that we can do the same for others. Pray for humility and patience to receive instruction, correction, and guidance throughout this process.